A deeply aromatic pesto with a spicy kick. Wild garlic has a short season – so make it while you can!
Wild garlic can be found in damp, woodland areas, usually near streams from March to May. Pick the smallest leaves as these have the best flavour, ideally before the buds burst.
- 150g Wild garlic leaves
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Wash your wild garlic leaves thoroughly in plenty of cold water and drain.
- Place in the food processor bowl along with all the other ingredients (if you can’t fit all the leaves in at once, add half, pulse a few times then add the rest].
- Pulse several times to get the mix going, scraping down the sides.
- Run continuously until a coarse pesto forms -and you’re done!
- Stir through steamed broccoli and pasta, or steamed/sauteed cavolo nero & kale with roast potatoes.