Who needs (cow) butter when you have almond butter?
Light, yet rich and nutty, this pudding is balanced with fruity flavours of cranberry and amchoor.
Here, served with Ben&Jerry’s Coconutterly Caramel’d Non-Dairy ice cream.
OMG – delish!
Amchoor is a traditional Indian ingredient made from ground dried green mango. It adds a subtle sweet-tart fruitiness to this otherwise rich, nutty pudding. It’s sold in Asian supermarkets and some mainstream ones, too.
- Half a small loaf bread, sliced (around 100g)
- Around 60g (1/4-1/3 jar) LOVENUTTY white almond butter
- 2-3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 250ml milk
- 1 tbsp white chia – ground to powder in a blender
- 2 tbsp raw cane sugar (Jaggery) or light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp amchoor
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp blanched almonds
- Grease a small rectangular dish with coconut oil
- Cut each slice of bread diagonally and spread one side generously with almond butter.
- Stack upright in the dish, sprinkling cranberries inbetween the slices.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the milk, sugar, spices and vanilla extract until the sugar is dissolved,
- Whisk in the ground chia and pour over the almond buttered bread.
- Sprinkle on cacao nibs and whole blanched almonds.
- Bake 25-30 mins.
- Serve with blueberry compote and coconut yoghurt or – my favourite – Ben&Jerry’s vegan ice cream…