More nutritious than your average milkshake…
It might seems like a LOT of fresh mint in this vegan milkshake smoothie – but trust me, it’s perfect! The blend of white almond butter and water makes a super convenient almond milk. And don’t forget you’ll need a spoon for the yummy chocolate chips that sink to the bottom of the glass! Mmmm…
NOTE: you absolutely need to use a high-powered blender for this recipe. I use a basic model Vitamix. This is the blender every food blogger seems to use – and for good reason – it is genuinely a superb machine and can blend virtually anything. Taking the leap to buy one is an investment – but a wise one in my view. I use mine every day for smoothies, pestos and soups!
- Wash the mint leaves, check for any thicker leaf stalks and remove.
- Add the mind leaves to the blender along with almond butter, water, frozen banana and cacao powder.
- Run your Vitamix [or other high powered blender] on full speed for 60-90 seconds for a super-smooth mix.
- Add choc chips and pulse until chopped into small chips
- Serve with a sprig of mint, and enjoy!
Make this vegan milkshake smoothie thicker by reducing the water or increasing the banana, and serve as a smoothie bowl, topped with strawberries, roasted almonds – and more chocolate chips. Yum!